Air Conditioning Repair
Fort Wayne, IN Air Conditioning Repair Service
When an air conditioner stops working in the middle of a sweltering Indiana summer, it creates major discomfort for anyone living in the home. When your AC stops working, get in touch with Redman Services for fast and reliable repair service. We’ve been helping clients with air conditioning repair in Fort Wayne, IN since 1947.
Common Problems with Air Conditioners
Leaks can be a result of a clogged air filter. When the air filter in your AC unit is dirty, air can’t pass through easily. This can cause the evaporator coils to freeze, leading to condensation. If you’re experiencing a water leak, contact our experienced team for air conditioning repair in Fort Wayne, IN.
Strange Noises/Unusual Smells
Strange noises are a sign that a part is loose, missing, or broken. A rattling noise can indicate a faulty compressor, while a high-pitched whistling noise could result from leaking refrigerant.
A burning smell indicates a problem with the AC’s wiring or an overheated motor. Rotting smells can result from a small animal that has died or left waste within the system. If you smell anything unusual, contact Redman Services right away.
Short cycling occurs when your AC turns on and off frequently. It can result from dirty air filters, frozen evaporator coils, wiring or electrical issues, or a leak.
System Won’t Turn On
There are several reasons your system won’t turn on, including:
- Circuit breaker trip
- Blown fuse
- Clogged air filter
- Dirty evaporator coils or condenser lines
- Refrigerant leak
- Broken thermostat
No Cold Air
If your air conditioning unit is blowing out warm air, this could signify a broken thermostat, dirty condenser or filter, mechanical problems, a leak, or an improper AC size. Our team will help determine the issue.
Uneven airflow can result from a dirty furnace filter, damaged or leaking ductwork, or a lack of return air vents. If you are experiencing any of these problems with your AC system, contact Redman for air conditioning repair services in Fort Wayne, IN. Redman to the rescue!
When to Repair Vs. Replace Your Cooling System?
You Should Repair Your Unit If:
- It has experienced few repairs
- The unit is less than 10 years old
- The repair is simple and inexpensive
You Should Replace Your Unit If:
- Your system is over 10 years old
- The cost for a repair is significantly more expensive
- Upgrading to an energy-efficient system will help you save money
- It experiences frequent breakdowns
- It frequently short cycles or distributes uneven cooling
Get in touch with our technicians to further discuss when you should repair or replace your air conditioning unit.
Signs of a Quality Air Conditioning Repair Company
- Experience. Experienced heating and cooling companies will guarantee you receive the quality customer service you deserve.
- Free estimates. A free estimate can alleviate the stress of paying before your air conditioning unit is assessed.
- Specials. Special price offers are our way of thanking our clients for doing business with us.
- Financing. Financing options give you the extra time you may need to save up for an unexpected repair or replacement.
- Emergency repair service. Offering emergency services in Fort Wayne, IN allows you to receive HVAC system repair services when you need them most.
- Reviews and A+ BBB rating. A+ ratings are earned by hard-working heating, air conditioning, and indoor air quality technicians who offer the best service and can fix any problems you are experiencing with your AC.
- Warranties and guarantees. Warranties are promises to fix any issues within a set timeframe. At Redman, we offer a one-year parts and labor warranty on any repairs that we’ve performed, and a 12-year warranty on new system installations, where applicable.
Contact Redman for Air Conditioner Repairs in Fort Wayne
Redman is the top choice for air conditioning repairs in Fort Wayne, IN and the surrounding areas. Our certified technicians service homes just like yours to ensure that all of your cooling system and HVAC needs are met.
Give Redman a phone call today to schedule service so you can get back to enjoying a nice and cool house after a day in the sweltering Indiana heat.