Water Heater Services in Columbia City, IN
Why? Your hot water heater isn’t working! It also means you’ll have to hire someone to do some repairs to the system, replace some parts, or get a new unit altogether.
When it comes to water heater services in Columbia City, Indiana, Redman, your Home Service Hero, can help you get back on track. We can advise what is wrong with your system and recommend the best course of action. Contact us today for expert service!
Signs That You Need Water Heater Repair or Replacement
There are several ways to tell that you may need water heater services in Columbia City, IN. Some of the most obvious signs include:
If the water coming out of your hot tap appears dirty or rusty, your tank could be rusting, which can lead to major leaks and damage. If the tank looks rusted on the outside, it most likely has rust inside as well. In most cases, this indicates the need for a new hot water heater.
Your Water Is Cold
If your water isn’t heating up, a damaged element in the tank could be the culprit. Cold water can also mean your heater isn’t large enough for your needs. The good news is that our experts can help you find the right system for your home.
The System Is Leaking
Leaks are never a good sign. If the heater tank is leaking, you may need to look for a replacement.
The Water Heater Makes Loud Noises
Strange and loud sounds from your heater show it is struggling to do its job. It most likely needs water heater services.
Traditional Vs. Tankless Water Heaters
There are two main types of hot water heaters – traditional and tankless. Each has its pros and cons. Our water heater services in Columbia City, IN can help you decide which is the best option for your home or office.
Traditional Tank Water Heaters
A traditional tank water heater holds liquid in a tank, heats it when necessary, and dispenses it into baths, showers, and sinks via piping. Most people have this option in their homes, although tankless models are growing in popularity.
- Lower purchase cost initially
- More simple functioning than tankless heaters
- Low-cost repairs
- Higher utility fees, especially in winter
- Take up more space
- No possibility of outdoor installation
- The last person to shower may end up having a cold one
- Need to be replaced more frequently than tankless heaters (every 10-15 years or so)
Tankless Water Heaters
A tankless, or on-demand water heater, functions by heating water only as it’s needed instead of storing it in advance in a tank. As a result, the unit is much smaller than a traditional system.
- 24 to 34% more energy efficient than traditional storage tanks.
- Longer lifespan (20 to 30 years – double that of a traditional tank)
- It takes up less space and can be installed outside
- The water heats in less than 15 to 25 seconds
- Cost more to buy initially
- Installation can also be costly, as can any repairs
- Replacement of a traditional system with a tankless water heater can take more time
- During heavy hot water usage, the heater can fail to keep up with hot water demands, leading to blasts of cold water
Choose Redman for Water Heater Services in Columbia City, IN
If you’re looking for top-quality, reliable, and friendly plumbing services in the Columbia City, IN area, you can’t go wrong if you choose Redman. Our team is highly experienced in dealing with plumbing problems, having been in the industry since 1947. We can also take care of any water heater repair or replacement needs.
Contact Redman for Water Heater Services
It is best to have regular maintenance checks to ensure your water heater is in good working order. Routine maintenance can help prevent a plumbing emergency from occurring with your home’s water heater.
If you think you need some help with hot water heater services in Columbia City, IN, and the surrounding Fort Wayne area, get in touch with us. For all of your home’s plumbing system needs, including routine maintenance, don’t hesitate to schedule service with Redman, your Home Service Hero, today.