Are HVAC Maintenance Plans Worth It?
When you invest in a home comfort system, you want it to last. To help ensure this, many heating and cooling companies offer HVAC maintenance plans. These plans ensure your unit is operating at its optimal performance, reduce the number of service calls and breakdowns you experience, and can help improve the longevity of your system. Redman Services explains what maintenance plans typically include, their many benefits, and who should sign up for one.
What’s Included in an HVAC Maintenance Plan?
While all homeowners should make basic HVAC maintenance a part of their regular home care routine, there are some things your heating and cooling systems need that are meant to be performed by a professional each year. HVAC maintenance plans cover the essential servicing your HVAC systems require to stay in good condition.
Typically, when HVAC companies offer a maintenance plan it will include two professional HVAC tune-ups each year: one for heating equipment and one for cooling equipment (or two tune-ups per year for heat pump heating and cooling systems). In addition to professional maintenance services, joining a maintenance plan can also give you access to other benefits for additional HVAC services, such as:
- Priority service
- Reduced diagnostic fees
- No overtime charges
- Discounts on repairs
- Discounts on system replacement
- Discounts on new indoor air quality equipment
Benefits of a Maintenance Plan
Heating and cooling systems are vital for keeping homes and businesses comfortable year-round. While it may be tempting to put off regular maintenance, doing so can actually end up costing more in the long run. An HVAC service contract is designed to keep homeowners in the habit of regular HVAC system maintenance for all the great benefits that tune-ups provide!
- A well-maintained HVAC system runs more efficiently, meaning lower energy bills.
- Catching small problems early on can also help prevent major damage and system breakdowns later on down the road. Investing in preventive maintenance service means you’ll avoid costly repairs and less likely to experience uncomfortable outages.
- Regular cleaning and filter changes also help to improve indoor air quality.
- Regular HVAC maintenance extends the longevity of your heating and cooling units, so you get more years of service from your investment and won’t have to replace these systems as often.
- You don’t have to worry about remembering to schedule annual maintenance, as your HVAC company does the job of setting your appointments when convenient for you.
- Many manufacturers require annual service maintenance performed by a professional to uphold the terms of the manufacturer’s warranty, so a service contract can help you preserve this valuable coverage in case of a future system malfunction.
- If you do experience a sudden issue or need quick repairs, you’ll receive priority service so you won’t have to wait long to restore your home to a level of comfort again.
Who Are HVAC Maintenance Plans For?
HVAC maintenance plans are for any homeowner! While yes, normally a homeowner can call an HVAC contractor at any time to schedule a tune-up, it’s easy to forget and let your heating and cooling system’s seasonal maintenance needs go unattended for long periods. For those who a sign service contract, the process is simplified so your HVAC system always receives the care it needs.
Redman Services offers the Redman Hero Club for our customers in Columbia City. For a monthly price, you’ll receive all the benefits and more listed in this blog. We even provide replacement credits towards a new HVAC system when you’re a member. Many of our members say their HVAC maintenance plan is worth the money and peace of mind knowing that your system will be better maintained than without it.
Join an HVAC Maintenance Plan Today
HVAC maintenance plans offer many important services for your home’s heating and air conditioning units, as well as many valuable benefits for you as the homeowner. Redman Services offers HVAC maintenance plans for homeowners in and around Columbia City, IN to simplify the heating and cooling maintenance process and ensure your system is well cared for. Contact us today to sign up!