Are HVAC Maintenance Plans Worth It?
The most expensive appliances in your home include the furnace, air conditioning system and plumbing appliances. More than 65 percent of total delivered residential energy goes toward heating and cooling residential homes. Maintaining your HVAC and plumbing equipment can greatly reduce energy costs. When you consider new furnaces and air conditioners cost thousands of dollars and energy bills continue to rise, routine maintenance is highly valuable.
Benefits of routine maintenance
The most important benefit of routine maintenance, often called tune ups, is that it keeps your equipment running well. When you invest in a home comfort system, you want it to last. Professional HVAC technicians follow every recommendation of manufacturers and most companies including Redman Services have a comprehensive inspection list. Annual routine maintenance of heating, cooling and plumbing systems have a wide range of benefits including complying with warranty coverage, improving energy efficiency, preventing breakdowns and prolonging the lifespan of your equipment.
Many appliances have generous warranty coverages but manufacturers require professional maintenance to keep coverage active. If an HVAC system fails during warranty coverage, HVAC companies are able to file warranty claims to save hundreds and even thousands of dollars in repair costs.
A well maintained HVAC system operates more efficiently. When a system is new, it runs extremely well. Over time, dust and debris build up in your equipment and account for higher energy use. Professional maintenance on your AC system and furnace unit inspects every component and calibrates your system to run smoothly. Thorough cleaning, a fresh air filter, optimizing proper airflow, testing blower speed, verifying electrical connections and programming thermostats help to lower your monthly utility bills.
Most homeowners assume an annual check up focuses only on maintenance. In reality, the most important element of annual inspections is examining for potential HVAC problems. If your air conditioning system breaks down during a heat wave or your furnace fails during extreme cold, your health and safety are at risk. Maintenance visits identify and solve issues that may eventually result in system failure. Fixing problems and installing replacement parts out of season helps keep your system working when you need it most.
Lifespan of equipment
HVAC maintenance and plumbing inspections reduce energy consumption and keep equipment in your home well calibrated. This helps save money each month, promotes better indoor air quality and also keeps HVAC units running longer. A well maintained HVAC unit operates less frequently than neglected equipment. Annual maintenance results in optimal performance so you get the most value from your HVAC units.
Who Are HVAC Maintenance Plans For?
Homeowners can schedule regular tune ups with Redman Services, but modern life is busy. With work, family and other distractions, it is easy to forget to schedule regular maintenance as long as your unit is running.
Redman Services offers the Redman Hero Club for our customers in Fort Wayne, Columbia City and surrounding areas. This maintenance plan simplifies scheduling preventative maintenance. We help homeowners by setting up HVAC maintenance at the ideal time during the year for you. Your air conditioner system’s annual tune up occurs in the spring before the warm weather arrives. For heating, we perform annual inspections in the fall before cool air settles in northern Indiana.
What’s Included in an HVAC Maintenance Plan?
While another HVAC contractor is only focused on setting up a calendar of appointments, your Home Service Hero at Redman Services focuses on customized solutions to save money for our customers and build lifetime relationships. For a low monthly cost, our HVAC maintenance plans include professional maintenance services plus additional benefits:
- 2 HVAC Visits – For your air conditioner or heat pump in the spring and your furnace or heat pump in the fall
- 1 Plumbing Visit – Fully inspect all elements and plumbing appliances inside and outside of your home.
- Discounts on Repairs – With no maximum limit throughout the year.
- Annual replacement credit – For every year you enjoy the great benefits of the Hero Club HVAC maintenance plan, Redman Services adds a credit toward your next purchase of a new HVAC or plumbing system.
- Priority Service – When you are enrolled in our HVAC maintenance plans, Redman Hero Club members enjoy Front-of-the-Line Priority Scheduling. Priority service, in the event that issues occur, can make a major difference in how quickly your comfort and safety are restored.
- Maintenance Required by the Equipment Manufacturers – We keep detailed records to ensure your warranties stay in place with no issues
- Exclusive Hero Club Member Promotions – As a local HVAC company we value our neighbors and community. We provide special offers throughout the year exclusive for Redman Hero Club members, because we think you’re super!
Benefits of a Maintenance Plan
Heating and cooling systems are vital for keeping homes and businesses comfortable year-round. While it may be tempting to put off regular maintenance, doing so can actually end up costing more in the long run. An HVAC service contract is designed to keep homeowners in the habit of regular HVAC system maintenance for all the great benefits that tune-ups provide!
- A well-maintained HVAC system runs more efficiently, meaning lower energy bills.
- Catching small problems early on can also help prevent major damage and system breakdowns later on down the road. Investing in preventive maintenance service means you’ll avoid costly repairs and be less likely to experience uncomfortable outages.
- Regular cleaning and filter changes also help to improve indoor air quality.
- Regular HVAC maintenance extends the longevity of your heating and cooling units, so you get more years of service from your investment and won’t have to replace these systems as often.
- You don’t have to worry about remembering to schedule annual maintenance, as your HVAC company does the job of setting your appointments when convenient for you.
- Many manufacturers require annual service maintenance performed by a professional to uphold the terms of the manufacturer’s warranty, so a service contract can help you preserve this valuable coverage in case of a future system malfunction.
- If you do experience a sudden issue or need quick repairs, you’ll receive priority service so you won’t have to wait long to restore your home to a level of comfort again.
Join an HVAC Maintenance Plan Today
HVAC maintenance plans offer many important services for your home’s heating and air conditioning units, as well as many valuable benefits for you as the homeowner. Redman Services offers HVAC maintenance plans for homeowners in Fort Wayne, Columbia City and the surrounding communities. When you join our HVAC maintenance plan, we simplify the heating, cooling and plumbing maintenance process. Whether you purchased a new HVAC system from Redman Services or you need a team you can trust to keep your system tuned through all seasons, we ensure your system is well cared for. Contact us today to sign up!