Air Conditioning Repair
AC Repairs in Columbia City, IN
Northern Indiana can get very hot and humid during the summer. This would be a terrible time to come home from work to find out that your air conditioner has broken down. When your cooling system isn’t working you’ll need to get it repaired right away. Besides being uncomfortable, being without a reliable air conditioning system can also cause health issues like heat stroke and dehydration.
When you need air conditioning repairs in Columbia City, Indiana, you can rely on the experienced team at Redman Services. We have a tremendous amount of experience working with air conditioning units of all shapes and sizes, and brands. We can use our experience to help you identify and fix the problem with your air conditioner. Contact us today to schedule air conditioning repairs at your Columbia City home.
How to Tell That You need Air Conditioner Repair Services
It is important for you to make sure you get your air conditioning unit repaired as quickly as possible if something is wrong. If you do not address the issue when it is discovered, it could get worse, leading to even bigger issues down the road. Some of the signs that could indicate that something is wrong with your air conditioning system include:
Your AC Unit Is Not Blowing Out Cold Air
If you notice that your air conditioning system is not putting out any cold air, this is not just frustrating, but it could be signs of a major problem. When you put your hand in front of the vent, if you feel air coming out, but it is not cold, there could be several reasons for this. It could be a sign that something is wrong with the thermostat, condenser, or refrigerant. An HVAC repair appointment will help diagnose your air conditioning system and fix it right away.
Your Utility Bills Are On the Rise
If you notice that your utility bills are going up, this can be very concerning. They might be going up because it has gotten hotter outside. However, you haven’t adjusted the settings on your air conditioner, and the weather outside has remained consistent, a sudden spike in cooling bills is often a sign that your HVAC system is losing its energy efficiency. When this happens, your AC unit has to work harder to keep your house cool, you need to reach out for air conditioning services in Columbia City to fix the issue.
Your AC Unit Short Cycling
When people that their air conditioning system is short cycling, it means that the system is turning on and off quickly, without effectively cooling your home. This is a sign that something is wrong with the internal components, and you’ll want to get your air conditioner repairs done right away to prevent further damage to your cooling system.
Odd Noises and Smells
It’s normal for your ac unit to make a humming noise while running, but if you hear banging and rattling noises, those are noises you should be concerned about. When you turn on your air conditioner for the first time in the year, it might smell a little odd as it’s powering up, but these odors should dissipate. However, if they persist you’ll want to have your central air conditioner looked at. Be wary of odors that smell like burning, musty, mold, and mildew as these can be signs you need bigger air conditioning repairs.
You Notice a Leak
If you spot a leak coming from the unit, reach out to your HVAC services team to find out what the fluid is and where it is coming from. Water leaks are a sign that your system probably needs to be cleaned, but be wary of a refrigerant leak. Refrigerants can be toxic and should only be handled by experienced technicians.
When to Repair Vs. Replace Your Cooling System?
You Should Repair Your Unit If:
- It has experienced few repairs
- The unit is less than 10 years old
- The repair is simple and inexpensive
Repair situations can be easily detected and fixed if maintenance is done on time. Do not let a simple repair situation go unnoticed until it becomes necessary to replace the entire system.
You Should Replace Your Unit If:
- Your system is over 10 years old
- The cost for a repair is significantly more expensive
- Upgrading to an energy-efficient system will help you save money
- It experiences frequent breakdowns
- It frequently short cycles or distributes uneven cooling
Get in touch with our technicians to further discuss when you should repair or replace your air conditioning unit.
Signs of a Quality Air Conditioning Repair Company
- Experience. Experienced heating and cooling companies will guarantee you receive the quality customer service you deserve.
- Free estimates. A free estimate can alleviate the stress of paying before your air conditioning unit is assessed.
- Specials. Special price offers are our way of thanking our clients for doing business with us.
- Financing. Financing options give you the extra time you may need to save up for an unexpected repair or replacement.
- Emergency repair service. Offering emergency services in Columbia City, IN allows you to receive HVAC system repair services when you need them most.
- Reviews and A+ BBB rating. A+ ratings are earned by hard-working heating, air conditioning, and indoor air quality technicians who offer the best service and can fix any problems you are experiencing with your AC.
- Warranties and guarantees. Warranties are promises to fix any issues within a set timeframe. At Redman, we offer a one-year parts and labor warranty on any repairs that we’ve performed, and a 12-year warranty on new system installations, where applicable.
Contact Redman for Air Conditioner Repairs in Columbia City
Redman is the top choice for air conditioning repairs in Columbia City, IN and the surrounding areas. Our certified technicians service homes just like yours to ensure that all of your HVAC needs are met.
Give Redman a phone call today to schedule service so you can get back to enjoying a nice and cool house after a day in the sweltering Indiana heat.